Travelling is the passion all members of ICAN Club share.
We travel extensively, and when back, share our experiences, and also bring treats. The treats from the recent trips were offered at the previous session, but the stories will be there on Tuesday April 10, 2018.
You will have a chance to enjoy talks about trips to Miami, London, Oxford, and, possibly, to some other unusual places.
Five reasons to join this session:
learn about the places worth visiting
hear about communication challenges abroad
get to know travelling life hacks
enjoy three hours of communication in English
meet and make friends with amazing people.
P.S. Remember that you can get advantage of the Friendship and Hospitality actions.
Thanks to our speakers for creating this unique opportunity for you to come to get this firsthand information and also to ask questions.
The session will be conducted in English. We work in small groups, the number of seats is limited.
Please, sign up before midnight on Monday April 9 by clicking the button on this page or purchase your ticket now here.
If you prefer to pay in the Club, please, check the prices and make sure you have the exact amount (do not need change).
Prices are here
If you cannot make it to the Club, please, cancel by calling +375 29 2592164. No other ways of cancellations are accepted and failure to cancel before 6 pm on Tuesday will result in 50% charge.
ICAN Club is the best place in Minsk to practice communication is English and meet fantastic people. Join us every Tuesday at 6.30 pm.
Some tips how to prepare for the presentations.
When you need to deliver a talk, think this way:
- You are going to take five, ten, twenty minutes of people's lives - what are you going to give them in return?
- Putting nice words together and showing pictures is NOT enough. Tell the listeners HOW they can use the information you are delivering. It is YOUR responsibility to make it clear.
- Take the trouble to learn the correct pronunciation of the words that you are going to use. Check the grammar. If there are tricky words, you can write then on cards. REMEMBER: learning new words in front of the public is NOT a good idea.
- Have a clear idea of the structure of your talk. Start with the main idea. Provide supporting facts, ideas and opinions. Give examples. Giving ideas one after another without developing them is NOT the best way to present.
- Using the same grammatical pattern can bore people to death.
Watch this video to find out how you can diversify your sentences.