Some tips how to prepare for the presentations.
When you need to deliver a talk, think this way:
- You are going to take five, ten, twenty minutes of people's lives - what are you going to give them in return?
- Putting nice words together and showing pictures is NOT enough. Tell the listeners HOW they can use the information you are delivering. It is YOUR responsibility to make it clear.
- Take the trouble to learn the correct pronunciation of the words that you are going to use. Check the grammar. If there are tricky words, you can write then on cards. REMEMBER: learning new words in front of the public is NOT a good idea.
- Have a clear idea of the structure of your talk. Start with the main idea. Provide supporting facts, ideas and opinions. Give examples. Giving ideas one after another without developing them is NOT the best way to present.
- Using the same grammatical pattern can bore people to death.
Watch this video to find out how you can diversify your sentences.